Liana telling the story in a nutshell

Love is the twin of a beautiful dream that survives birth to reality; but my love was a reality that survived arduous parturition only to remain a beautiful dream

Blog Archive

October 04, 2005

I N T E R M I S S I O N



I am profoundly thankful to all the readers of Ishtarria, particularly to those who sent me their marvellous emails or who left comments on the pages of Ishtarria or in its guest book. My deep appreciation also goes to all the sites that have recently blogrolled or linked to Ishtarria.

Disappointing as it may be, particularly to those readers who have never ceased to express their encouraging eagerness for and anticipation of each instalment of my autobiography, I am afraid that a second intermission has become unavoidable.

I have reached depletion point and one look at my August's and September’s publishing dates would reveal how hard I have been struggling to meet publishing deadlines. This intermission, however, may last longer than the first one, as I will be away for three weeks. I will hopefully resume publishing sometime towards the end of October.


I finally leave you with the first post that I published on 12 Jan 2005 in didecation to:
My Fellow Iraqis, In These Grievous Days

Who endured horrendous calamities, like no other people in recent history, at the hands of a brutal megalomaniac.

May we all plant roses of love and pray in the hope they imbibe into their beautiful red colour all the immaculate Iraqi blood the dictator and his disciples shed dementedly and recklessly in every side and corner of the cradle of civilizations, so that they may render greenness over our blessed land, luminousness in our skies and sheer felicity in the innocent eyes of our children.

May we all forgive and forget, reject wrong and embrace right, and march together in one heart towards freedom and democracy, for the inception of a new Iraq, blessed abundantly with peace, love and prosperity - an eventuality no other nation would treasure and cherish as it would, after so many years of merciless subjugation and brutal oppression.

8 comments:

colagirl said...

Sorry to hear that you're taking an intermission--I had looked forward to reading your next posts (especially after the dramatic and scary last one!). I hope you replenish yourself well and get back posting again soon.

And I definitely agree with the commenters on the previous post that you really *must* think about publishing this in book form.

Looking forward to hearing from you again!

Nancy said...

we will miss your post Liana...come back to us as soon as you can:)

DagneyT said...

Liana, I was disappointed not to read your observations on this historical day for your country. I am anxiously awaiting the day when we can freely travel to Iraq and experience this historic country for ourselves.

Nancy said...

hey Liana,
I've tagged you...see my blog for more information:)

Hunt and Fish said...

Man there is alot of comment spam I have noticed. Is there any way to remove it from the blogs?

cool said...

桃園搬家公司 台北搬家公司 整形 韓風整形 整形 韓風整形 老人癡呆症 情緒管理 微整型美容 失眠 疝氣 憂鬱症 瘦身減肥 看護 安養中心 精神分裂症 清潔公司 清潔公司 壁癌 屋頂防水 屋頂隔熱 抓漏 油漆 浴室 漏水 屋頂防水 屋頂隔熱 抓漏 油漆 浴室 漏水 舊屋翻新 裝潢 防水工程 舊屋翻新 裝潢 防水工程 壁癌 健康飲食 台北素食餐廳 吃素 團購美食 水餃 素食 素食料理 素食水餃 素食食譜 素食餐廳交友 婚友 婚友社 婚友聯誼 婚友聯誼社 愛情 愛情公寓 相親 相親銀行 聯誼 Hook and Loop 婚禮佈置 情人花束 新竹花店 會場佈置 氣球佈置 玫瑰花束 盆栽 網路花店 花店

cool said...

蘭花 台北旅遊 台北旅遊景點 台北民宿 坪林 坪林茶葉博物館 宜蘭民宿 木柵動物園 深坑老街 真情民宿 貓空 台北旅遊 台北民宿 坪林 坪林茶葉博物館 宜蘭民宿 木柵動物園 化糞池 抽化糞池 抽水肥 水管不通 洗水塔 消毒 通水管 通馬桶 馬桶 馬桶不通 上順旅行社 五福旅行社 大興旅行社 天喜旅行社 天福旅行社 日本旅行社 日本旅遊 日本機票 日本自由行 日本訂房 包通 抽化糞池 抽水肥 水管不通 洗水塔 清水溝 通水管 通馬桶 馬桶 馬桶不通 便宜機票 國內旅遊 國外旅遊 國外機票 團體旅遊 直航機票 簽證 自由行 訂房 雄獅旅遊 汽車美容 汽車美容 三久太陽能 太陽能 太陽能熱水器 三久 櫻花牌熱水器 熱水器 省電熱水器 衛浴設備 節能減碳 電熱水器

cool said...

中古車 二手車 環保袋 環保袋 環保袋 十分瀑布 台北旅遊網 台北民宿 平溪 景觀餐廳 薰衣草花園 花園餐廳 螢火蟲 渡假村 鐵道之旅 團體服 滷味 滷味加盟 滷味批發 滷味食材 滷味宅配 滷雞翅 滷雞腳 健康滷味 魯味 加盟創業 慈善 義賣 義賣活動 慈善機構 公益彩券 健康食品 慈善基金會 公益團體 愛心捐款 捐款 美白 皺紋 減肥 禿 頭 醫學美容 電波拉皮 雷射溶脂 肉毒桿菌 玻尿酸 痘疤